Few Health Reasons to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth
1. Gum disease and inflammation associated with wisdom teeth may lead to receeding gum tissues, deterioration of the jawbone and tooth loss.
2. Wisdom teeth may contribute to crowding of teeth.
3. In some instances, impacted wisdom teeth develop associated cysts and/or tumors. Removal of such lesions may require invasive procedures to repair and restore jaw function and appearance.
4. Because there is limited space, for wisdom teeth to erupt and because the surrounding gums are difficult to keep clean, infection and inflammation are common even when there are no apparent symptoms. Research supports the concept that such inflammation may enter the bloodstream and contribute to the development and/or progression of a variety of diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke
5. Research suggests that oral inflammation associated with wisdom teeth may contribute to preterm or low birth weight infants.
6. Once it has been determined that a wisdom tooth will not successfully erupt into your mouth and be maintained in a healthy state, early removal of wisdom teeth is associated with faster and easier recovery.
Smileup Dentistry offers general and cosmetic dentistry to Texans living in the Bartonville-Tx, Grand Prairie, Coppell, Arlington and Euless areas. Let us give you a reason to smile!